Welcome to my Web site.
The purpose of my Blog, which I have just recently started, is to keep the new information up front as one-off articles for the interested reader of the families’ history referred to in the main sections of this site. Although in the instance of the STOCKDEN Family History, there are so few people of that name, news of them can be extremely sparse. Many family history researchers limit publishing recent family information to a hundred years past as the Census records do. But what does come can also be presented in my Blog followed by an update to the main section later.
This Home page only shows my most recent Blog posts. You can access my full Blog via the main menu bar or by bookmarking http://www.rayner-stockden.co.uk/blog/. Provision is there for any feedback you may care to give or widen the interest of any subject that may come up and feel free to add any comments of your own. I shall try to post something at least once, hopefully twice a month, so please make a note of where to find me and make a regular visit.
For that reason, much of my Blog will probably cover interest in Family History searches, of problems encountered and any personal activity that may be of interest.
These are my most recently added posts:-
- 17-Feb-2021 : More on the Halstead RAYNERs Family History1810 Will of Robert RAYNER (1735-1813) I am still on a Family History line here with the last of the Wills of which I have a copy of and can write about. This Will is by Robert RAYNER (1735/6–1813) written on the 21 Jul 1810. He had been widowed twice. This creates a little mystery. ...
- 20-Jan-2021 : More on Old Family History Pt 3Notes on the Will of Rebecca RAYNER (1829-1800) Rebecca was the widow of Joseph RAYNER (1727-1787) and after his death remained on at the farm and did not remarry. She wrote her Will on the 18 September 1792 and added a codicil on the 20 December 1798. When her Will was proven she had apparently died ...
- 30-Dec-2020 : More on Old Family History Pt 2Last Will and Blog write-up of 2020 Here is my third deciphered RAYNER Will of five available from years ago. I decided that I could only work on what I hold at the moment so it is taking the easier route and find the older material later. As I have mentioned before it appears that most ...
- 05-Dec-2020 : The NEW LOOKSome of you of a certain age group will remember far back into the dark post war period of 1947 when a French couturier came up with a clothes design which was immediately christened ‘the New Look’. Everyone thought it was fantastic. It did not take long for the public to applaud this attractive new ...
- 20-Nov-2020 : More on Old Family History Pt 1After my last few words on old family history research which referred to Wills made in the days of the quill pen, I have been able to ‘decipher’ a Will of 1743, made by Joseph RAYNER the Elder. (1667-1747). Now this was one that had scanned and printed very well and was quite readable. The ...
This site now has a large selection of information in PDF format and images from my research into the Stockden, Rayner, Diss and Spurgeon family names.
These are my most recently added items:-
- 12/07/2020 : Spurgeon Marriages 1813-1837 – Spurgeon > Spurgeon Marriages > Spurgeon Marriages 1813-1837
- 18/05/2019 : Stockden Update 2019 – Stockden > Stockden Family History > Update 2019
- 10/09/2018 : Stockden Update 2018 – Stockden > Stockden Family History > Update 2018
- 23/03/2018 : Robert Rayner Family Trees – Rayner > Halstead Rayner Family Trees (all files updated)
Please bookmark the site and check back periodically. If you’d like to be kept informed when there are updates to my Blog, please register as a user by following the Register link on the right above the Search… box. If you have any comments on the contents or layout of the site, please let me know by emailing me or by filling out this contact form.