Welcome to my Web site.
The purpose of my Blog, which I have just recently started, is to keep the new information up front as one-off articles for the interested reader of the families’ history referred to in the main sections of this site. Although in the instance of the STOCKDEN Family History, there are so few people of that name, news of them can be extremely sparse. Many family history researchers limit publishing recent family information to a hundred years past as the Census records do. But what does come can also be presented in my Blog followed by an update to the main section later.
This Home page only shows my most recent Blog posts. You can access my full Blog via the main menu bar or by bookmarking http://www.rayner-stockden.co.uk/blog/. Provision is there for any feedback you may care to give or widen the interest of any subject that may come up and feel free to add any comments of your own. I shall try to post something at least once, hopefully twice a month, so please make a note of where to find me and make a regular visit.
For that reason, much of my Blog will probably cover interest in Family History searches, of problems encountered and any personal activity that may be of interest.
These are my most recently added posts:-
- 16-Mar-2022 : DNA in Family HistoryThe use of DNA in family history has been discussed on the web for many years. I used to read about it on a web site back in the late 1990’s. Admittedly, I did not understand much of the discussion…
- 04-Mar-2022 : LOCKDOWN ! LOCKDOWN !! LOCKDOWN !!!Hopefully we are nearing the end of our third lockdown of this Corona-virus epidemic. Anyone remember the smallpox and polio vaccinations…
- 11-Jun-2021 : Some time outAbout mid-May I woke up with the ‘heebie-jeebies’, shakes, shivers or tremors and it was not a nice feeling. There was no pain so I did not know what to think…
- 30-Apr-2021 : More thoughts on Family HistoryMore thoughts on Family History. When I began researching my wife’s family history it seemed like a good idea at the time. We found less than two hundred and fifty names living around the world. I had completed the immediate family line within three weeks of starting a search. Although my wife’s line was now Welsh, ...
- 20-Mar-2021 : What to do during ‘Lockdown’Making a change: Lockdown !! Lockdown !!! LOCKDOWN !!!! Hopefully we are nearing the end of our third lockdown of this Corona-virus epidemic. Anyone remember the smallpox and polio vaccinations carried out for the same purpose – to save your life from those ghastly diseases – as today’s vaccinations should? Those vaccinations took place nearly sixty ...
This site now has a large selection of information in PDF format and images from my research into the Stockden, Rayner, Diss and Spurgeon family names.
These are my most recently added items:-
- 21/05/2022 : Halstead Rayner Family Trees – Rayner > Halstead Rayner Family Trees (109 files)
- 22/03/2022 : Stockden Update 2022 – Stockden > Stockden Family History > Update 2022
- 12/07/2020 : Spurgeon Marriages 1813-1837 – Spurgeon > Spurgeon Marriages > Spurgeon Marriages 1813-1837
- 18/05/2019 : Stockden Update 2019 – Stockden > Stockden Family History > Update 2019
- 10/09/2018 : Stockden Update 2018 – Stockden > Stockden Family History > Update 2018
- 23/03/2018 : Robert Rayner Family Trees – Rayner > Halstead Rayner Family Trees (all files updated)
Please bookmark the site and check back periodically. If you’d like to be kept informed when there are updates to my Blog, please register as a user by following the Register link on the right above the Search… box. If you have any comments on the contents or layout of the site, please let me know by emailing me.